Spice of Life!- gheelicious!...
For over 5000 years Ghee has been revered as a sacred elixir of wellness. Vedics used this complement in their daily rituals of cooking and worship. A true superfood, Ghee is celebrated for its luscious taste, multiple healing properties and whole system nourishment. The culmination of a slow clarifying process that removes moisture, milk solids and impurities, the result is a shelf-stable, high quality cooking fat that can be included in every meal for health and pleasure.
In this workshop we will be making herb infused ghee, using quality organic pastured unsalted butter and a variety of herb blends for flavor and additional health benefits. Each participant will have the opportunity to choose from three different herbal/spice blends to infuse their ghee with and take home with them a personal jar.
You will learn…
· the medicinal benefits and uses of ghee
· the medicinal benefits of some choice herbs and spices
· create your own herbal mix to infuse in ghee to best fit the likes of your taste buds and health needs
· how to make classic plain ghee
· 3 different ways to infuse ghee
Sunday August 28th 1-4pm
at Social Studies in Berkeley
$60 + $15 materials fee
Please register here: